Writing to Get Things Done
AVAILABLE FORMATS: On-Site, Online
Improve productivity by teaching participants to use writing as a powerful tool for getting things done. Participants learn to solve problems, meet important deadlines and keep projects on target by Writing to Get Things Done®. Productivity soars when people clearly communicate what needs to get done, why, and when. As organizations create a critical mass of people writing to get things done—things get done!
With this on-site or online module, participants improve on-the-job writing skills—writing clear, easy-to-read emails, letters, memoranda, meeting minutes, procedures, trip reports and technical reports. They learn how to write quickly and effectively, saving time for themselves and their readers. They hone their ability to get to the point quickly, clearly and concisely!
The skills and concepts provided in this module teach people to present their ideas clearly in all communications, regardless of length or medium. Participants will learn how to:
- Clarify thoughts before writing
- Separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs
- Use the inverted-pyramid principle of organization
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas
- Make the organization apparent with multiple-level headings
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak
- Develop a professional tone that encourages cooperation
- Use our three models of organization for all government writing
- Write technical information to non-technical people
- Organize the document in a logical, sequential manner
- Edit for correct grammar usage