Speaking to Get Things Done
AVAILABLE FORMAT: On-Site
This module teaches participants how to communicate ideas quickly, clearly, and concisely while giving powerful presentations that get results.
Participants learn how to organize the content of technical presentations. They learn the elements and construction of a formal presentation. We then show participants how to build upon their own natural speaking styles. Along with practicing their platform skills, participants can practice “making a point” in shorter presentations and “building a case” in longer presentations.
- Organize ideas in a coherent, meaningful structure that is easy to follow
- Carry the listener from one idea to another
- Become aware of distracting mannerisms and how to deal with them
- Use the voice effectively
- Use breathing techniques which give control and power to the speaker
- Use the body to give emphasis to what is being said
- Make the speaking experience enjoyable