Writing & Speaking to Get things Done
AVAILABLE FORMAT: On-Site
Module 1: Writing to Get Things Done® and Module 2: Speaking to Get Things Done, when coupled together, are a powerful, transformational experience that unleashes participants’ potential to be the dynamic communicators they envision themselves to be.
This three-day bootcamp improves the actual on-the-job writing and speaking skills required for successful leadership. The real power of our Fast-Track curricula is that people learn to get to the point quickly and clearly.
The skills/concepts provided in this program teach people to present their ideas clearly to get things done in all business communications, regardless of length or medium.
- Clarify thoughts before writing
- Separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs
- Use the inverted-pyramid principle of organization
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak
- Develop a professional tone that encourages cooperation
- Use our three models of organization for all business writing
- Write technical information to non-technical people
- Use professional Standard American English
- Organize ideas in a coherent, meaningful structure that is easy to follow
- Carry the listener from one idea to another
- Become aware of distracting mannerisms and how to deal with them
- Use the voice effectively
- Use breathing techniques that give control and power to the speaker
- Use the body to give emphasis to what is being said
- Make the speaking experience enjoyable