WGTD – Online Course
Boost Your Productivity—At Your Own Pace
Tens of thousands of people have benefited from Stan Berry’s Writing to Get Things Done (WGTD) business writing seminar. This popular productivity booster is now conveniently and affordably available online. WGTD Online teaches busy employees to use e-mails, letters, and reports as effective tools for solving problems, meeting deadlines, and keeping projects on target.
Productivity soars when people clearly communicate what needs to get done and when. When organizations create a critical mass of people writing to get things done—things get done!
This self-directed online business writing course focuses on using writing as a powerful tool for getting things done. Employees learn how to write quickly and effectively, saving time for themselves and their readers. They will impress others with their ability to get to the point quickly, clearly, and concisely!
WGTD Online is an interactive and entertaining web-based learning experience that teaches employees how to think and write from the reader’s perspective. The skills and concepts taught in this course teach people to present their ideas clearly in all business communications, including letters, memos, reports, voice mails and e-mail messages. Clear writing is clear thinking framed for the reader using plain language.
This is not a remedial writing program for “problem writers.” This online business writing skills course is for everyone who uses writing to get things done. WGTD Online is a must for architects, attorneys, analysts, engineers, contract specialists, and managerial and professional staff whose job requires effective written and email communications.
Course Length: Six to eight hours. Because WGTD Online is self-directed, employees can complete the course at their own pace. Progress is automatically bookmarked so learners can pickup exactly where they left off.
WGTD Online focuses on improving actual on-the-job business writing skills. At the start of the course, participants collect several of their own business writing samples. Throughout the program, they follow specific instructions to critique and rewrite these samples to strengthen and reinforce the key concepts of each module. This hands-on approach personalizes the learning experience and facilitates the transfer of effective business writing skills to the workplace.
Participants will learn how to:
- Clarify thoughts before writing.
- Keep a business perspective
- Separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs.
- Use the inverted-pyramid principle of organization.
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas.
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak.
- Develop a professional tone that encourages cooperation.
- Use our three models of organization for all business writing, including emails.
- Write technical information to non-technical people.
The course guides learners through the following principles of effective business writing:
- Module 1 – Keep a Business Perspective
- Module 2 – Clarify Your Thoughts Before Writing
- Module 3 – Use the Three-Paragraph Model
- Module 4 – Use the Three-Paragraph Model with a List
- Module 5 – Use the Heading Model
- Module 6 – Choose an Effective Writing Style
- Module 7 – Sweeten Your Emails
The course challenges the mind and keeps the learner engaged with these interactive learning aids:
- Frequent inquiries and animations
- Numerous business writing samples with rewrites
- Short video clips and narration
- Engaging games and quizzes
- 100-page course book in PDF format
- Concise Quick-Check Skills Card in PDF format
ASTD E-Learning Courseware Certification
This course is certified by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Certification Institute. This is the first and only writing course to meet their rigorous standards for usability and instructional design.
A Learning and Development Process, Not a Training Event
We offer a number of free value-added options to help WGTD Online participants transfer learning to the job. Upon course completion, we invite learners to support their new business writing skills with these supplemental activities:
- Review brief video lectures from each module
- Subscription to our Business Writing Tips archive
- Execute their 30-day Work Plan near the back of their course workbook.
- Assess their knowledge by taking our Adobe Reader.
For a Free Test Drive of the Course
To assess the quality of WGTD Online, you can complete Chapter One for free.
Our clients invest in Writing to Get Things Done (WGTD) because the productivity gains are immediately obvious. This online alternative to our popular live seminar saves time and money.
Qty Price per License Total Cost 1 $295.00 $295.00 10 $255.00 $2,550.00 50 $219.00 $10,950.00 250 $189.00 $47,250.00 500 $159.00 $79,500.00
For More Information
Hear unprecedented video testimony from senior executives
View our extensive corporate client list and U.S. military clients
View our Dunn & Bradstreet Top Performer Certification. D&B placed us in the 99th percentile of all businesses on customer satisfaction.
If your company would prefer a live training on the Writing To Get Things Done Seminar, then contact Stan.