- Stan at your location – Stan facilitates the training at your site.
- Webinar – Stan’s live training delivered via the web to any and all remote locations. This is ideal for companies with employees in a variety of locations.
Or call Stan at 612-578-1487
This seminar is also designed for those professionals who need to write or edit policies and procedures. Participants learn a simple, fast and effective method of writing policies and procedures that is easy to follow. This helpful and timesaving seminar is for all employees who need to write procedures found in simple emails to complex user guides.
Students will improve their on-the-job writing skills – writing clear, easy-to-read procedures. Employees learn how to write quickly and effectively, saving time for themselves and their readers. They will impress others with their ability to get to the point quickly, clearly, and concisely!
Few activities offer a greater ROI than writing effective procedures. A small initial investment in procedure writing training can continue to produce results over time, with no additional effort or expense.
Whether asking employees to document important job functions or standardizing operations for a broad audience, well-written procedures offer the following benefits:
- Keep business continuity through mergers, acquisitions, and disasters
- Reduce errors
- Improve company image
- Decrease training time for new employees
- Reduce time for the performance of tasks
- Minimize the disruption of operations during employee absences
- Comply with laws governing operations
- Maintain consistent quality in the performance of tasks
- Measure the quality of an employee’s work
This course is extremely beneficial for those who write instructions for others to follow. We have presented this seminar to technical and non-technical groups, experienced writers and rookies—all find it very effective in helping them successfully complete their projects.
Participants learn a simple task analysis process that makes managing and writing the project quick and easy. They learn to write from a “reading as you work” viewpoint. People are amazed at how more simple procedure writing can be when using these skills:
- Mapping out the elements of a task before writing
- Highlighting key points for non-technical audiences
- Using the nine basic formats for procedures
- Organizing the document in a logical, sequential manner
- Using bullets, indentations and headings to make the organization visually apparent to the reader
- Using clear, concise language in communicating technical information
- Proofreading to ensure proper grammar usage.
The following activities ensure mastery of effective procedure writing.
Each participant submits a writing sample of a procedure s/he has written. We suggest ways to highlight key ideas and simplify the organizational style. We also identify specific performance objectives for each participant. This analysis and feedback prepares participants with specific business writing skills to work on and makes the transfer of learning quick and easy.
The focus is on improving participants’ actual on-the-job business writing skills. Participants are amazed at how quick and easy it is to rewrite their pre-seminar business writing samples using our feedback as a guide to write more clearly.
For up to 12 months after the seminar, participants are invited to send unlimited number of writing samples by fax or e-mail to me for comments and suggestions. Phone call consultations are encouraged.
In keeping with our commitment to offer a learning and development process, not a training event, we offer a number of free value-added resources and opportunities to assist seminar participants to become more productive on the job.
Upon course completion, we invite participants to support their new procedure writing skills with these learning activities:
- Send us post-seminar writing samples for feedback.
- Strengthen their understanding from our monthly Writing Tips, available only to graduates of our seminars.
- Execute their 30-day Work Plan near the back of their course workbook.
- Assess their knowledge by taking our Free Writing Assessments.
Or call Stan at 612-578-1487